The Nark

It's Monday, back from the weekend that followed the day I was crowned. It's early, I'm still waking up at my desk. I hear a knock at my door. It's Goss. I ask her what's up and she enters my office and closes the door.

"Now that I know what sort of person you are," she begins, and I stop her right there.

"Excuse me?" I interrupt.

"Someone told the Boss that we were all screwing around on Friday, so now we know you can't be trusted."

I see. Everyone was fucking off on Friday with the PC troubleshooting (me included), somebody who works here probably said something to Junior who went ahead and said something to his dad, the Boss. She's assuming, of course, that it was me, the new guy. I forcefully explain to her that I'm not the nark, and that I'm offended she even assumed so. I ask why she's engage with me like that, and not just outright talk to me.

She bursts into tears. Sniveling and shaking, she apologizes to me and leaves my office.

What have I gotten myself into?

No comments:

Post a Comment